Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Training Day 9

So...today was supposed to be a run day. Since Saturday, I've been feeling pain in both my knees - I started feeling the pain half way through my Saturday run. If I were to guess, I would say it's from either the insoles I was recommended for my feet or the fact that I've never run that long of a distance before or maybe both! It probably didn't help that I went out dancing in heels Saturday night either. =) Anyhow, I ran a few steps at home prior to heading to Burlingame High School this evening and realized there was absolutely no way I'd be able to run tonight. It was too painful. So instead, I took a bath (which my mentor said might have been the wrong thing to do for my knees ... oh great!). She suggested I email my coach since he's the best one to give me advice. I emailed him a few minutes ago and hope to hear back from him soon. This Saturday is a timed 5K (3.1 mile) run to determine how to break out the teams for the rest of the season. I want to make that run!! I plan to still do cross-training tomorrow as scheduled (I didn't feel any pain using the elliptical machine last night because it hardly puts any pressure on my knees). So I'll see what my coach replies with and hope my knees continue to get better sooner than later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment