Thursday, February 5, 2009

Training Day 2

We actually didn't have a run yesterday (normally we would on Tuesdays) and instead attended a Shoe Clinic at Road Runner Sports in San Carlos. I learned so much! I had no idea there was so much to running really. I got professionally fitted for running shoes - they scanned my feet to determine what type of arch I have and also had me run on a treadmill with bare feet for 30 secs or so. My feet were being recorded on a video so they could determine how I landed, etc. They then showed the video to me in slow motion and pointed out how my heel landed, how my feet turned out a bit when my feet weren't on the ground, etc. It was pretty interesting. They then measured the width and length of both my feet and with all those things combined, were able to recommend a couple of shoe options. And wow - do they feel good!! I also learned a lot more than I ever thought possible about gear such as sports bras, body glide (to prevent chaffing), socks (cotton is rotton!), keeping my core warm and dry, and more. It was very educational - I feel like I learn more every day....

No comments:

Post a Comment