Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Training Day 10

My knees are still sore today but seem to be getting better slowly. I have removed the insoles from my shoes. My coach suggests I get a second opinion on them which I am going to do tomorrow. He also said there are several factors that can lead to knee pain so he wants me to go to Saturday's team run even if I don't run (although I hope to run it!) so that he can talk to me more about what I am feeling. I hope my knees will feel much better by Saturday.

So I went to the gym during my lunch today and did 40 mins on the elliptical machine. I didn't feel any pain since there was no pressure on my knees. It was a pretty intense workout, although not long. I followed the cardio up with crunches and a lot of stretching. It felt SO good to stretch! I've been drinking a lot of water today to make sure I stay hydrated - although I tend to drink a lot of water regardless.

Tomorrow is a scheduled "easy run" day. I am going to start out slow to see if I feel any pain. If not, I'll pick up the pace. I am supposed to run for 20-30 minutes tomorrow. So wish me luck! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment