Friday, February 6, 2009

Training Day 4

Wow - last night was great. The Mid-Peninsula and North-Peninsula teams met at the Stanford track at 6:15pm. Fortunately, it wasn't raining (I forgot my rain jacket at home!). There were probably 60-70 people there. We started out by running a 3/4 mile warm-up - and that was just the warm-up - sheesh! After the warm-up, stretches were led by one of the team captains. After stretching, we ran 1 mile. I am proud to say that I was able to run (or jog) the entire mile. Everyone was super friendly, conversing throughout the run which was nice. I met a lot of great people (mainly other women). One woman in particular looked like she was probably in her 50's. She is considered an "honoree" which means she either has or has had cancer. This is her 6th season with Team in Training. I ran with her for a while - very nice lady.

It was also nice that the fitness levels ranged across the board. The coaches kept reiterating "This isn't a race or competition" and "Just take it slow these first two weeks". So that was helpful to hear. After the 1 mile run, we did some core strengthening exercises. Those were great and I can sure feel it today! Then we did a 1/2 mile cool-down jog. So all in all, I ran/jogged 2.25 miles last night. It felt SO good. It also felt so good to come home, take a nice hot shower, and hit the pillow. =)

Thanks to Adria and Clay for watching Amara last night so I could make the track meet. I really appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment