Thursday, February 26, 2009

Training Day 15

Okay, I am SUPER happy my knees seem to be getting better. They still feel a bit irritated but at least 80% better than they were a week or two ago. I jogged today at the San Mateo waterfront. The sun was out, although it was cold - but felt great. I jogged a 10 min warm-up, then stretched. I then started my run and did 3 min run/1.5 min walk intervals for 30 minutes. My knees felt fine during the run which I was very happy about. The difficult part was that I ran against the wind for 3/4 my run (including the warm-up). So I guess that made the workout that much better physically (although harder!). I listened to my iPod which we aren't able to do during our team workouts - so that was nice and made the run more enjoyable. I must admit, however, that going through my head toward the end of my run was "there is no WAY I am going to be able to run 13 miles on May 3rd!" I kept thinking of my Aunt Vicki who passed away a little more than 2 years ago of cancer and that is what helped me finish my run (against the wind). I did a lot of great strength training exercises on this pad of grass right in front of the water which was very relaxing (did I tell you the sun was shining? =)) I also did some good stretches and just felt good all around afterwards. Tomorrow is a rest day which I am looking forward to! Okay, off to bed....

1 comment:

  1. From the movie "Rocky":

    Mickey (the owner of the gym where Rocky trains) to Rocky when he was having a hard day: "You're gonna eat lightning and crap thunder."

    Keep it up, Amber!

    ReplyDelete