Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Training Day 13

Yay! I made it through tonight's run. We met at the Burlingame High School track and warmed up with a 1 mile jog. I was able to jog the entire mile straight, although it was a bit uncomfortable on my knees in the beginning. After the mile warm-up, we stretched and then ran 1.5 miles. I used the run/walk technique, running 2 mins and then walking 1 min. About 1/2 way through my run, my knees started to feel a lot better - I think once they got warmed up. I completed the 1.5 mile run and then walked for 1/2 mile to cool down. We did a lot of stretching and core strength exercises which felt so good!! My coach suggested that I ice my knees tonight just to be safe so I did that after I showered. So far, so good! He said if I am feeling a lot of pain tomorrow, that's not a good sign so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Tomorrow is a cross-training day so I'll be up and at 'em in the morning heading to the gym. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Amber - good job and I appreciate your comment from a previous post where your put the sore knees into perspective. Keep doing what you're doing and honoring your body. Clay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clay! I appreciate that. Thanks for your support. =)

    ReplyDelete