Thursday, March 12, 2009

More running, less walking

Today was a run day so during my lunch, I headed down to the San Mateo waterfront (it's just about 1 mile from home). It was another beautiful day and the sun was shining bright. I am running more and walking less now so I can tell my body is building up a tolerance for running longer (is that the right way to say that?!). Today I ran for 5-6 mins and would then walk for 1minute. I repeated that for 40 mins.

After the run, I did core strength exercises on the grass and am able to hold some of the poses (planks) longer than I was a week or two ago. I am starting to feel my ab muscles coming back together again after having Amara - I was starting to think that wasn't possible!! After the exercises, I did my regular stretching routine while soaking up a few more minutes of sun and then headed home, showered, and got back to my workday.

No comments:

Post a Comment