Saturday, March 7, 2009

4 Miles!

Whew! Saturdays are always the "long run" day. I ran 4 miles today at Sawyer Camp trail at the Crystal Springs reservoir. It was such a beautiful day! Oscar worked until 5pm so as soon as he got home I headed to the trail - I was racing against the sun and good news is tomorrow the time changes so we'll have an extra hour of daylight. I ran more today and walked less - it felt challenging but doable. The trail had a lot of inclines which I never noticed much when I've walked the trail. It was a good challenge. Oh - and I haven't been feeling any more knee pain - let's hope it stays this way! =)

It was such a beautiful run - the sun was going down and the reservoir looked so peaceful and untouched. Just as I was approaching my 4-mile mark (and back to the car), it was getting pretty dark but fortunately there were still quite a few people on the trail so I felt safe. When I got home, I stretched and did my core strength training exercises (but not before kissing my baby girl!). I commented to Oscar, "Running feels good." I told him that for me, the first 1-2 miles are the most difficult - the rest goes by fast (although I'm nothing close to 13 miles yet! LOL). But it definitely helps to get over that hump during the run and then get into the groove. Tomorrow is a rest day so I'll be sure to get in some good stretching. Hopefully the sun is shining again!

No comments:

Post a Comment