Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hills!!

I forgot to update my blog last night - I'm slippin'!! So last night I went to the gym around 8:30pm and did a pretty challenging workout on the elliptical machine for 45 minutes. Afterwards, I stretched a LOT, did an ab workout and headed home for a nice shower.

Tonight was track with the team - 6:15 sharp. We are now meeting at College of San Mateo instead of Burlingame High School. They have such a beautiful track on a hill overlooking the bay. It was freezing!!! But at least it wasn't raining, right? After running a mile warm-up (4 laps around the track) we stretched, did some drills on the football field, and got ready for hills! This was our first time running hills. There was a paved hill near the track and it was steep! Fortunately, none of the hills in my half marathon are as steep as this one but it's good practice.

We ran up the hill 12 times and it was definitely challenging but I ran the entire time. It really started burning about 3/4 way up the hill - but I survived. Half way through our run the moon started coming up over the hill in the distance. It was a full moon and so bright shining on the water. I am also super happy because my knees aren't giving me anymore problems so I think that is behind me now, finally. =)

After the run, we stretched and did our regular core strengthening exercises (plank, bridge, bicycle). It was almost 8:30 and completely dark except for the full moon shining on us (there are no lights at this track). It was also a very clear night (did I mention freezing!?) so the stars were shining bright. It was a nice way to end the day.

2 comments: