Saturday, March 14, 2009

Awesome Run

Today, the team was scheduled for an "on your own" run versus a "team" run. We were supposed to run for 60 minutes. When Oscar got home from work a little after 5pm, I left for my run. Although it was cold and windy, I went down to the San Mateo waterfront. It's nice because it's so close to home - less than 5 mins away. The weather actually felt good while I was running - by body kept warm.

My run today was supposed to be 60 mins and I made sure to remember the watch this time. I started off jogging a 12 minute warm-up then stretched before continuing on the 60 minute run. I wanted to run longer intervals today so I decided to run for 8 mins followed by 2 mins of walking (although I ran the final interval for 15 mins) - taking me to a 63 minute run (not including the 12 minute warm-up). My arms were red because it was so cold out and my skin was frozen to the touch but my core was warm from the run and it felt good.

After I cooled down, I did my regular core strength exercises on the grass. I always do these when I run (plank, side planks, bicycle) and also did a whole lot of stretching. It felt good. Running is such a natural high - it trips me out what it does to the body and its chemicals.

I returned home 2 hours later enjoyed my shower, tucked Amara into bed, ate some good dinner and am getting ready to watch Mad TV. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Amber, you are such an inspiration to me! You are an incredibly strong woman and I'm very proud to be your mother! Glad your knees have healed. Let's hope the weather begins to warm up soon. Spring is almost here! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, your posts are so motivating! Thanks for the updates. I am so happy to hear you talk about the stoke that you get from running. I love that natural high! Miss you and am look forward to our upcoming 1/2 marathon! Yippeeee!!

    ReplyDelete