Saturday, April 4, 2009

Not 8, but 6!

Hola! I've been out sick this week - started feeling a cold coming on during my flight home on Saturday. I haven't run in a week. Good news is, I'm feeling a lot better now but still a bit low energy. Today, I was supposed to run 8 miles. Well, I did 6. It was a beautiful sunny day and I went running down at Crystal Springs. I ran the first mile at a pace of 10 min 43 sec. I felt the first mile went by really quickly and easily and the rest would be a piece of cake. I stretched my legs after the mile warm-up and then continued on the remaining 5.

Running the first mile was no problem. After that, I didn't run more than 6 or 7 minutes before walking for 2 minutes. I felt I had no energy It makes a big difference not running for a week! It feels really good to be at it again and I'm looking forward to getting my energy back. I was fortunate to not get sick all winter - damn airplanes!! Oh yeah, my knees felt fine during today's run and haven't been uncomfortable since.

So the event is 4 weeks out and my fundraising is going really terrific - I feel very fortunate to have so much support from everyone. Thank you, thank you!! I have a bunch of checks to send in this week taking me to only $393 from my goal. I'm getting so close - yay! Thank you all for doing such a great thing!

I'm still not sure how I'm going to complete 13.1 miles on May 3rd but I figure it's just a litte more than twice what I did today, right?! I can do it - even if it means I'll walk more than I expect to. My goal is just to get my butt across that finish line while the sun is still up. =)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better Sis! I love you and am so proud of what you are doing. XOXO Adria

    ReplyDelete