Monday, April 6, 2009

Late night at the gym

Today was a cross-training day and I'm really happy because I finally feel I have all my energy back - yay!! I wanted to get to a gym class by 6pm but didn't end up leaving the office until after 6 - never fails. So I came home, ate a yummy chicken and broccoli dinner Oscar made, played with baby girl and headed to the gym after she was tucked snuggly into bed. I got to the gym a little before 9pm. It's actually a really nice time to go because there are not many people there (just the die hards like me - haha, kidding!!).

I did a "cross country" workout on the elliptical machine for 55 minutes. It was a really great workout - challenging. I got to catch up on the latest with the NCAA championship win, Chris Brown in court, Obama searching for a church, and a cute story about Benjie Molina and his family. I also found it interesting that the woman on the machine next to me made sure to hold on to the elliptical handles with papertowels so her hands didn't get germs on them. I'm not sure she was aware that right next to the paper towel dispenser was a spray bottle with sanitary cleaner - haha. That was my entertainment for the night.

After my cardio workout, I did planks (flat and side planks), crunches, and lots of stretching. My quads were sore after Saturday's run so it felt good to get some good stretching in tonight. Tomorrow is track night with the team - I always look forward to that actually (I really do, I swear!).

My fundraising is going so great - thank you again for all your support. I only have $293 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment