Friday, April 10, 2009

2.25 miles straight

I have been bad at updating my blog daily so here is the update for Wednesday, April 8th. On Wednesdays now, my coach encourages us to do an easy run followed up with cross-training. During my lunch on Wednesday, I went to the gym. I ran 2.25 miles on the treadmill without walking. I was pretty proud of myself for that! Normally, I run 8-10 min and then walk 2 min but I figured since the run was short, why not try and see how far I can go without walking (I won't use this strategy during the half marathon of course). It felt great and I easily could've run longer but I set the treadmill for 25 mins and then followed it up with a 5 min cool-down.

After the run, I worked out on the stationary bike for 20 minutes (almost 5 miles). I then did crunches, planks, and stretched. I headed home, showered, and got back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Amber - it's nice to see what you've been up to. You've made it around many obstacles in this training. Keep it up! Clay

    ReplyDelete