Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Track in the rain?

Track is on - rain or shine. Well, tonight at 6pm it was pouring in San Mateo (we've had scattered showers all day) so I decided to skip out on running in the rain (how fun can that possibly be?), decided I'd work out indoors, and went to the gym instead. Since Tuesdays are always "short run" days, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill (I walked for 2 mins after each mile). After the workout, I did planks, crunches, lots of stretching - and decided to call it a day - I was tired!

1 comment:

  1. Went for my first run in 5 weeks today. Legs were screaming at me. Biking is so different from running and they were asking me what the hell I was doing! While forcing myself to push on, I continued my run through the redwoods behind my house. Then it kicked in. I felt great. I just started beaming, then crying tears of joy. All I could think about was how blessed I am to have such a wonderful, loving family. I was thinking of Amara and you. Could it be the jet lag? Maybe. Or my brain crying out for more O2? Maybe. Whatever the reason, I am just so grateful to have you and Danielle as sisters. You both motivate me in life. I am so looking forward to our upcoming challenge on May 3rd. Bring on the Ave of the Giants Half Marathon! With Love and Sweat we can do anything we set our hearts on! XOXO adria

    ReplyDelete