Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Still running!!

Eeeek!! I've been horrible at updating my blog - it's been a week and a half! Let me see if I can give a quick summary of what I've been doing since my last post.

Sat, 4/11: I ran for 80 minutes down at the San Mateo waterfront. The first half of the run I did run/walk intervals (10 min running/2 min walking). After 40 minutes, I was thinking "there is no way I'm going to make it to 80!" I then started to run for 8 min and walked for 2 until I got to 81 minutes. I did it! I stretched and did my regular core exercises before heading home. I showered up and headed up to Humboldt with Oscar and Amara to visit my parents for the week.

Sun, 4/12: Rest day.

Mon, 4/13: I planned to do yoga but didn't.

Tues, 4/14: Tuesdays are normally track nights with the team but since I was out of town, I decided to run at a local high school track. Normally the track runs are fairly short runs. Oscar came with me to the track. We did a mile jog to warm up. After the warm up, we stretched our legs. I then ran straight for 2.25 miles (about 25 minutes). After the run, I stretched and did my regular core exercises.

Wed, 4/15: I did an hour of yoga (with my mom!) =)

Thurs, 4/16: I woke up early and went running with my dad at a local trail near my parents' home. I ran for 72 minutes, running for 10 mins, then walking for 2. I was experiencing shin splints part way through my run which was pretty uncomfortable. I decided to push through it and they started to feel better as I ran longer. After the run, my shins felt bruised when I rubbed them - weird! Fortunately, it went away after a couple days.

Fri, 4/17: Rest day.

Sat, 4/18: Rest day.

Sun, 4/19: I was supposed to run for 10 miles this weekend but it was SO freakin' hot on Sunday, I didn't go running. There was no way I was going to run in that heat. I really should've gone running on a treadmill at the gym but instead, after work, Oscar, Amara and I did our monthly Costco run. =)

Mon, 4/20: Since I didn't get in my long weekend run, I decided to run at the gym after work - it was way too hot to run outdoors. Normally Monday would be a cross-training day, not a run day. I ran for 8 miles using the run/walk strategy (10 min/2 min). After the workout, I stretched and did my regular core exercises. It felt great! I also didn't feel any discomfort in my shins.

Tues, 4/21: Today is a normal track night with the team. It was extremely hot out today and I was not going to run outside in this heat so I decided to skip out on track and go to the cool gym instead. I went to the gym tonight and worked out on the elliptical machine for 50 minutes. I did an ab workout afterwards and got some good stretching in.

It's hard to believe the half marathon is just a week and a half away!! I'm excited and ready to say "I did it!" =)

1 comment:

  1. Good work Amber! Can't wait to do this with you. It is going to be great to all be together. Love, Your Big Sis

    ReplyDelete